Information on Covid-19 (Corona Virus)
At First Camp we are constantly following news and updates about the Covid-19 virus. Here is the latest information:
Our guests usually come with a caravan, campervan, tent or they hire a cottage from us. As our guests have their own private space, and can control the proximity to other guests, they are able to feel as safe at a camping ground as they do in their own homes. When hiring a cottage, guests have plenty of private space and airy conditions. And camping provides many experiences outdoors in the fresh air, which also creates a feeling of safety and well-being.
Our 44 destinations in Sweden and Denmark are open as usual. The new guidance in Sweden about not having gatherings of 50 people or more does not apply to camping sites.
To keep our customers and colleagues safe, we have implemented the following measures. We care!
- We follow guidance and recommendations from the Swedish authorities and update our routines accordingly.
- All our colleagues have clear information on the importance of good hand hygiene at all times, including contact with guests, working in the kitchen, cleaning and so on.
- Public rooms, such as the Service House, are cleaned even more often than previously.
- All our guests have access to soap in all the toilets and bathrooms and we now even provide soap in all the cabins/cottages.
- Regular cleaning of taps, door handles and other frequently used areas now takes place.
- The floors in our shops and reception areas are marked so it will be easier to keep a distance from other guests if there is a queue.
- Colleagues who are ill will stay at home.
What can you do to help reduce the risk to yourself and others:
- Avoid using public areas if you have flu-like symptoms.
- Please practice social distancing! See the correct distance you should keep using the markings on the floor in our shops and reception areas.
- Wash your hands often and well – recommended 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes and face.
- Cough and sneeze into your arm.
- Clean equipment and surfaces well in public areas after you have used them.
- Please help us avoid crowds or gatherings in small spaces, public areas and in our shops and reception areas. Wait outside until it’s your turn if possible.
- Be extra careful if you are over 70 years old or in another risk group.
Information about your booking:
All of us at First Camp will do our best to make sure you have the best possible experience with us. All our Destinations will continue to be open as usual.
Our usual booking rules and regulations still apply (see www.firstcamp.se for more information). Our cheapest booking alternative is ‘Bas’. If you prefer more flexibility when booking, please chose our other option ‘Flex’. This gives you the option of cancelling your visit up to 15.00 the day before arrival.
Foreign guests, where countries have closed their borders for entry and exit, can contact us to rebook their stay for booking made until April 14.
We wish you a warm welcome to us at First Camp!
Read more about Covid-19 at folkhalsomyndigheten.se.
Last updated: 2020-04-02
First published: 2020-03-13