Information on Covid-19 (Corona Virus)
At First Camp we are constantly following news and updates about the Covid-19 virus. Here is the latest information:
Our guests usually come with a caravan, campervan, tent or they hire a cottage from us. As our guests have their own private space, and can control the proximity to other guests, they are able to feel as safe at a camping ground as they do in their own homes. When hiring a cabin, guests have plenty of private space and airy conditions. And camping provides many experiences outdoors in the fresh air, which also creates a feeling of safety and well-being.
We are following the Public Health Agency of Sweden’s recommendations, effective as of 1 December 2021, regarding public gatherings and public events. The use of vaccination certificates is required when organising indoor public gatherings or events with more than 100 participants.
To keep our customers and colleagues safe, we have implemented the following measures. We care!
- We follow guidance and recommendations from the Swedish authorities and update our routines accordingly.
- All our colleagues have clear information on the importance of good hand hygiene at all times, including contact with guests, working in the kitchen, cleaning and so on.
- Public rooms, such as the Service House, are cleaned even more often than previously.
- In the public rooms there are checklists showing when the building was last inspected by staff
- All our guests have access to soap in all the toilets and bathrooms and we now even provide soap in all the cabins/cottages.
- Regular cleaning of taps, door handles and other frequently used areas now takes place.
- The floors in our shops and reception areas are marked so it will be easier to keep a distance from other guests if there is a queue.
- There are signs showing the maximum of people allowed in the same public area at the same time at each destination
- Colleagues who are ill will stay at home.
- Our staff will always make sure that each cottage has been properly cleaned after check-out. We will change the dishcloth, make sure detergent is available and clean extra if needed.
What can you do to help reduce the risk to yourself and others:
- Avoid using public areas if you have flu-like symptoms.
- Please practice social distancing! See the correct distance you should keep using the markings on the floor in our shops and reception areas.
- Wash your hands often and well – recommended 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes and face.
- Cough and sneeze into your arm.
- Clean equipment and surfaces well in public areas after you have used them.
- Please help us avoid crowds or gatherings in small spaces, public areas and in our shops and reception areas. Wait outside until it’s your turn if possible.
- Be extra careful if you are over 70 years old or in another risk group.
Use of Camping Equipment:
Please use your camping equipment in adherence to the rules and regulations. In that way you can ensure there is plenty of space around you and your pitch and you can camp safely in your own spot. If you’re unsure, please ask a member of staff for advice.
Information about your booking:
All of us at First Camp will do our best to make sure you have the best possible experience with us. All our Destinations will continue to be open as usual.
Our usual booking rules and regulations still apply (see www.firstcamp.se for more information). Our cheapest booking alternative is ‘Bas’. If you prefer more flexibility when booking, please chose our other option ‘Flex’. This gives you the option of cancelling your visit up to 15.00 the day before arrival.
We wish you a warm welcome to us at First Camp!
Read more about Covid-19 at folkhalsomyndigheten.se.
Last updated: 2021-12-06
First published: 2020-03-13